Baked banana oat power bars
I love eating this straight out of the oven for breakfast with yogurt or cutting into bars, letting cool in the fridge and grabbing on the go when I need that bit of energy. I love that they’re soft as opposed to crunchy and keep you going for hours while being full of flavour, fiber and protein.
The recipe is a rough guide so feel free to play around with the ingredients (try peanut butter, nuts, seeds, fruit etc even dairy free chocolate).
– 3 cups certified gluten free oats
– 2 mashed ripe bananas
– 2 cups dairy free milk (I love to use rice as a change from almond and because its the sweetest non-dairy milk, and I find I can add less sugar or sweetener to the mixture overall)
– 2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 2 tbsp ground flax (let sit with 4-5 tbsp of boiling water for a few minutes if you have the time, as it thickens it up to act like an egg)
– pinch of salt
– 1/4 cup maple syrup or sugar/ sweetener of choice
– 3 tbsp liquid coconut oil
– 3 tbsp brown rice protein powder (can easily omit)
Preheat oven to 180°c and grease a baking tray or dish. Combine all dry ingredients then mash bananas and add to the mixture along with the wet ingredients. Mix well before pouring batter into tray and baking for 30/35 minutes!